Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Chop the mango tree down

5 years ago, not long after we moved into our new house, I planted an r2e2 mango tree, which I thought was a good idea because of the spectacular looking mangoes and the glut of "Bowen" mangoes that family and friends would give me. Kylie has constantly threatened to cut it down because she hates the mess of mango trees, and she especially doesn't eat the r2e2 variety at all. My kids have also started to refuse to eat the r2e2 mangoes that I get, and I have stopped preferring them too. I think I will swallow my pride and chop it down, replacing it with some other tree. Maybe I will do it as a Christmas present for Kylie. This doesn't help me with my need for more free mangoes for the daily feeding ritual of my "fruitbat" kids who have them for breakfast, though.

No comments: